Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Quick and Easy Math Tub idea- First to Fifty!

Yes! Two posts in a week! I'm on a roll! :)

I don't know about you, but my students have needed a lot of extra practice with numbers to 50 this year. I made this game last year, pulled it out on Friday and it was a big hit!

It's called First to Fifty (My spin on Race to 100). All the students have to do is roll a die, count the number of squares they roll and write and read the number they land on. The first player to land directly on 50 wins!

You can use any game pieces you'd like. I used my frog counters that are different colors. If you want to download this for a quick and easy math tub, just click the pics. I included a black and white copy as well to save ink.

If you are looking for more math tub ideas, I love this post from Peterson's Pad about quick number sense activities. Great ideas for the beginning of the year!

1 comment: