Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Magical Product Swap with Dana from Fun in 1st Grade

When I heard about the product swap at Mrs. Stanford's Class, I knew I had to join!
I was paired up with Dana from Fun in 1st Grade.

FGF


I went to Dana's store and couldn't decide between her Place Value Puzzles and her Out of this World Real and Nonsense Word Sort. So... she let me have both! So sweet! I loved both but decided to review the Out of This World Word Sort. My little guys still need so much practice with CVC words at the beginning of school so I thought this would be perfect.







What I noticed first about this product was the amount of CVC word cards. There are 14 pages of CVC words with 8 per page. Since it's summer I'll do the math for you...112 word cards!

          ( I guess a page was hiding! I thought there were 13 but there really are 14...even better!)

I loved that like vowels are listed together and the nonsense words in alphabetical order so there are cards for each beginning sound.  I am going to make the sort but also an extra set for my lower guided reading groups to practice decoding.

The Out of this World Real and Nonsense Word Sort also comes with sorting mats and a record sheet.


If you are needing more activities that focus on decoding CVC words, I would highly recommend Dana's Out of This World Word Sort. Click the picture to grab you own copy!


No comments:

Post a Comment