Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Apples, Apples, Apples!

I can't wait for next week! We will be knee deep in apples!!!!
I have some pics from apple day last year to share and maybe it will give you some ideas if you are studying apples next week for Johnny Appleseed Day which is the 27th. I have parents come in and run some of the activities on Friday. I also have some apple math tub activities we work on all week.

 This is an apple poem with a ripped apple craftivity. The students glue it into their poetry notebook.
 Ten apples on Top ordering numbers activity
 Creating artwork with apple prints! We used apples cut in half ( so star is exposed) and cores to make our prints.
 Making Ten Apple Math and Apple Snacks!
 Apple tasting, graphing and writing!


Apple Science Experiment with a Prediction Log. So fun! The kids really have no idea what happens to an apple that is left out.
If you are interested in any of these activities or the math activities we will be working on, check out my Apple Activities pack on TPT here. Here's a preview of what's included. It's kind of hard to see in these images so if you download the preview on TPT, you can get a better look!

In addition to my pack, I will also be working Johanna Tackitt's "Making Number Sense Applicious".
 Have a great Apple Week!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment