Pages

Sunday, September 8, 2013

First Month Recap

Hi, friends!
I am really not good at balancing teaching, a family and blogging but I have the best intentions... Really, I do!

This past month has been great with my new superstars! I wanted to share a few of the highlights in case you just started this past week.

 Here's my son and I on the 1st day.

 We started the school year by celebrating our uniqueness! We sang a super cute poem and drew a self portrait:
 (Tune of Frere Jacques) 
" I am special!
 I am special!
Yes, I am!
Yes, I am!
There is no one like me.
There is no one like me.
I am unique!
I am unique!

We read the Colors of Us and talked about skin color uniqueness. Then we mixed paints to find our skin color and paint our "faces". 

We also completed an awesome activity from Stephanie's Back to School Bash unit. First, we read a book called Everyone is Smart ( it's included in the unit!) and then thought about how we are all smart in different ways ( multiple intelligences). The students then wrote their names on post-it notes and chose the ways in which they are smart. 



We also made our All About Me books!
If you want more activities to celebrate uniqueness. Check out my back to school unit on TPT.

 We will be moving on to our 5 Senses and, of course, apples at the end of the month. 


No comments:

Post a Comment